Written by: Nolan Mitcheltree (Fitness/Strengthening Coach)
Setting time aside for your healthcare needs may sometimes be challenging, especially when life gets in the way. However, it is still important to try to set aside at-least 10-20 minutes a day for exercise, in order to help minimize the risk of developing medical conditions like diabetes and heart disease.
Here are 4 quick and simple ways to fit exercise into your daily routine
1) Choose activities that you enjoy
Although it is very important to have self discipline when performing workouts routinely, there is no point in always performing activities that you are not passionate about. This in turn creates resentment towards fitness training, versus allowing it to become an outlet from your everyday stressors. One way to combat this from happening, is to choose a routine that not only challenges you but is exciting, new and FUN!
2) Keep a log of your activity
One of my favorite sayings is "if you do not measure it, then it does not exist."
Although this may be an old saying, it is still very relevant to
the fitness world. Tracking progress, whether on paper or with the help of technological advancements, allows individuals to remain motivated to continue progressing towards their desired goals. Without measurements being taken or meals being documented, there is no data for you (the client) to look back on to see how much you have progressed from the beginning of your journey.
3) Choose something over nothing
Even if you are unable to still find time to set aside 10-20 minutes of exercise a day, you can still make choices in your everyday routine, to help strengthen your body.
* Skip the elevator and take the stairs
* Park towards the back when out shopping, etc. to get more walking in
* Get up and move around every hour or so at work
* Wake up 15 minutes earlier than your normal time and perform some stretching, squats, etc. to get your blood pumping.
4) Research the right workouts
* HIIT Training (have been found to increase aerobic endurance & oxygen uptake)
* TABATA Training
* Resistance Band Training
Subscribe at www.innovativewwc.com to be the first to learn about other tips and tricks to help you achieve your fitness goals!